Sunday 22 April 2012

Party girl

This week I have been working on my series of sketches of Newcastle. I`m loving working on this series, because I get to sketch the place I love. Having only lived in Newcastle for just over two years, everything is new and exciting for me, so everywhere we go, I find more and more subjects for painting and sketching. I`ve a feeling this series could go on for quite some time.

Swing bridge with Newcastle behind.
Painted by the artist Sharon Douglas.
A2 Cartridge pad and zig pen.

My next painting for this week is a painting in my watercolour series of works on Newcastle.
This painting is just a few miles from our house. It is a place called Seaton Sluice.
We go here quite often, because there is a lovely pub there, that do lovely meals. Birthdays are a good excuse to go.
Seaton Sluice,
Painted in watercolour by the artist Sharon Douglas.
Size 15x11"

.............and finally, I was looking through some old photographs looking for a subject to paint at our monthly oil painting session,
 When I found the photo of my daughter, Danielle, I couldn`t resist painting it. She was about 8 years old, when the photo was taken.
 It was during our Christmas dinner, when she started putting the streamers out of the party poppers on her head. Then she pretended it was her hair, and began posing and pouting as I took a photograph of her.
........she`s still a poser now....lol.
Party Girl, Danielle.
Painted in water mixable oils,
by the artist Sharon Douglas.

Thanks for looking at my paintings, I hope you have a lovely week. Don`t forget to come and look again. I post new work every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment