Saturday 12 May 2012

A bunch of new paintings

It`s been a couple of weeks since I last posted. (I`ve been ill)

Anyway, here we go.
 Bluebell wood.
Gouache.
On Bockingford fat pad.

I`ve been trying out gouache again, I`m having fun, but I need a heck of alot more practice. (This is my second painting done in it. As you can see I need loads more practice.
The power of the sea.
15x11"
Some rubbishy paper I found in my stash. Now I remember why I like Arches paper the best.

An artist friend, Dave Armstrong very kindly gave me permission to use his reference photo.

Theatre Royal, Newcastle.
15x 11" on Arches rough.

My daughter went to a play here a couple of weeks ago, so when we went to pick her up I took the opportunity to get some reference photo`s.
In the reference the floor wasn`t wet, but I thought it would add some interest in the foreground if I made it look wet............the only trouble is......I forgot to paint in a couple of umberella`s......lol. I will have to rectify that.


Cullercoats Bay.
16x12"
Watermixable oils.

I enjoyed painting this scene. I have recently started using watermixable oils. (Even though I`ve had a set for years)...........and I have to say, I`m loving working with  them. They dry quicker, there`s no smells ( I must admit, I do like the smell of turps though)  and you get all the blending properties of oil paints.
Low lights in warm sepia.
15x11"

I might have already posted this, but I`m not sure. This was painted using Jackson`s own brand watercolour. It was a free sample that I was testing out. I enjoyed using it, and I will most probably continue working with this colour to do a series of works. (The colour is more of a warm browney colour IRL)

No comments:

Post a Comment