Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy easter.

I`ve been good, I haven`t had any choclate............yet!
Instead I`ve been sorting out this weeks paintings to add to my blog.
........and here they are.....

This first one is the hydranger that I painted last week or the week before. It had a yellow background, which I wasn`t very happy with.......... and niether was my cat, it seems........
She walked from my paint palette straight through my background..:-o
.............so the decision was made I had to paint it dark to hide the mess she had made......lol I`m glad the background is darker now, because it makes the flowers and crystal pop out more, and increases the impression of a bright summers day. ( I also added a few darks in the crystal to tie it all together.

The next painting is an oil that I did last night......

Tynemouth Priory.
12x9"
Tyneham oil painting sketchbook.
Using watermixable oils.

I have to say, I`m loving working with these water mixable oil paints. I`m still getting used to them yet, but I`m loving playing and experimenting with them.

I have also painted a motorbike this week, but I forgot to photograph it, so I`ll be back........

No comments:

Post a Comment