Sunday 15 April 2012

I`ve had a lovely week

Drawing and painting as usual :-)

Oil painting sketch of St Mary`s Lighthouse.
Painted by the artist, Sharon Douglas
Size 12x9"
Oil on canvas paper.

Another painting to add to my every growing series of paintings of the North East.
I`ve painted St Mary`s lighthouse lots of times, and so has every artist who lives around this area, but I`m striving to paint it from different angles to the norm, and in different lighting and weather conditions, so my paintings stand out from the crowd.

Watercolour painting "crystal and nectarines" painted by the artist, Sharon Douglas.

Size 22x15".
Painted for a demonstration at St Andrew`s art group.

It was really nice to be demonstrating again, for the first time in over 3 years. My health put a stop to all my teaching and demonstrating for the last few years.
 I was worried about doing it in my wheelchair, because I`ve never done it from my chair before, but everything went ok. I just set the table up in a different way to how the average able bodied person would work, and I managed fine.
I got lots of great feedback, which was really nice, so I wouldn`t be worried about doing it again.

Quayside Market, below Tyne Bridge.
Sketched by the artist Sharon Douglas.
Using Zig pen on A2 size cartridge paper.

I loved sketching this, it is to be part of a series of sketches of  Newcastle.

I`ve decided to work on 3 different series of paintings/ sketches of Newcastle and the surrounding areas. I`m doing a series in watercolours, one in oils and the last in zig pen sketches. That little lot should keep me busy for a VERY long time. Although I will be doing other stuff in between, to give me some variety.

Lately I`ve been doing alot of experimenting using different mediums, and techniques, hopefully I will come up with a unique and amazing technique that  no one has ever done before...........watch this space. 


No comments:

Post a Comment