Sunday 8 April 2012

nearly forgot my motorbike

While taking my daughter to the orthodontist in Newcastle I spotted this motorbike, and I just had to photograph it, to paint back at the studio. I would have liked to paint it on the spot, but there was so much detail, and I`m sure if I`d have tried the owner would have come back and rode off into the sunset..........and I don`t think my daughter`s school would have been too pleased to find that we`d spent the day painting instead of getting her back to school asap after her appointment.

The size is 15x11". on Arches rough wtaercolour paper.
M.Grahams watercolours.

I painted this over several days. It was a very detailed painting to work on, but that`s the sort of subject I like..........lots to engage my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow, the motorcycle looks so real! and so are the rest of your painting.

    ReplyDelete