Thursday 26 January 2012

Tea break and a chocolate biscuit.

I started this at art group yesterday, then finished it at my friends house last night.( Once a month me and a few friends have painting evenings in each others houses)
The size is, as usual, 15x11".
M Grahams watercolours on Arches rough watercolour paper.

I enjoyed painting this picture, especially the chocolate on the biscuits. The chocolate was painted in about 5 or 6 different glazes.
I "invented" the table. Because I took the reference photo on a sheet of white paper, with a white background, it looked like the teapot etc were floating. I used masking tape to represent the edge of the table, then I painted the bluey-grey background, then when I removed the masking tape it left behind straight edges, to act as the edges of a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment