Saturday 9 February 2013

I worked on through

..........and this is what I ended up with........
Alnmouth
16x20"
Acrylics on canvas board.
 
As I said last week, I don`t get on with acrylics. Although I`ve been practicing on 7x5" canvases and grew to like acrylics, I tried working bigger, and decided that I` not keen again.....lol.
I`ll keep practicing, .............and maybe one day...........you never know..........I might grow to love them.
This was a very, very quick and simple demonstration that I did for Preston Grange art group to show them how to paint glass. It`s in watercolours. Using just three colours in the glass and shadow/ reflection, ultramarine blue, burnt sienna and alizarin crimson. I added a touch of lemon yellow for the straw. It probably took about 5 minutes to demo, with a bit of time adding a few darks, and final details at the end.


1 comment: