Tuesday 5 February 2013

Acrylic practise

Posts at St. Marys
7x5"
Acrylics
Tynemouth Priory Sunset
7x5"
Acrylics
Alnmouth
7x5"
Acrylics
Seaton Sluice Buttercups
7x5"
Acrylics
Across the sands to Blyth
7x5"
Acrylics
Newcastle bridges and the Baltic art gallery
7x5"
Acrylics
 
As you can see, I`ve been beavering away, painting lots of little canvases in acrylics. I don`t "get on" with acrylics, I would say that they are my least favorite medium. I don`t normally like painting with them, but I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed painting theses small canvases. I painted 20 in total, all local scenes. I was actually liking painting in acrylics, and thought I`d conquered my fears, but I went to Jean`s house to paint last night, and feeling brave, I decided to paint a 16x 20" canvas..................which was a biggggggg mistake! I felt like I was back at square one. I intend to finish the big painting, in the hopes that it will all come together in the end. I`m at the ugly stage at the minute......fingers crossed I can paint my way past this stage.

3 comments: