Sunday 22 July 2012

What if

My first painting for this week I titled "Wishful thinking", simply because I find the look in the gorilla`s eye so sad.
I can`t help wondering what he is thinking about........... The more I look at the painting, the more I am left wondering the answers to the question
Wishful Thinking.
15x11"
Fabriano artistico.
Grahams watercolours.

As you can see, I tried to paint in a looser style. I am enjoying all this experimenting that I`ve been doing lately, and I have noticed a change in my work...........
but............
I`ll always love painting detailed still lifes.....
Cherry picked,
15x11"
Arches rough
Grahams watercolours.

Having said that, if you look closely, you will see that this painting isn`t as detailed as I used to paint. Maybe one of these days, I will achieve loose painterly watercolours. Until then I will continue enjoying what I`m doing, and love every single minute of it.!!

1 comment: